This day has been full of surprises, with the Cyberpunk 1.2 update dropping unexpectedly, to the announcement of the Fortnite 16.10 update. Now Riot Games has accidentally posted the patch notes for the upcoming Valorant 2.06 update.
In a now-deleted post, Riot Games accidentally revealed the Valorant 2.06 patch notes early. The good news is, we managed to grab them and you can read them in full here.
The Valorant 2.06 update is due to be released on March 30th, so Riot Games are set to release the patch notes anyway.
Check out the full patch notes below.
- Toxin (passive)
- Enemies that cross through Viper’s Poison Cloud, Toxic Screen, or Viper’s Pit are instantly inflicted with at least 50 decay. Their decay level increases the longer they remain in contact with toxin.
- While in cloud, Decay over decreased from 15 to 10.
- When out of Viper’s cloud, delay before health regen decreased from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Poison Cloud (Q)
- Can now immediately be redeployed when picked up, but grants a temporary charge instead of a permanent charge
- If active when Viper dies, Poison Cloud now remains up for an additional 2 seconds, or until Viper runs out of fuel
- Pickup distance increased from 200 to 400.
- Toxic Screen (E)
- If active when Viper dies, Toxic Screen now remains up for an additional 2 seconds before deactivating.
- Full blind distance from the wall increased to better match the blind distance from the edge of smokes.
- Snakebite (C)
- Equip time decreased from 1.1 to .8 seconds.
- Blindside (Q)
- Flash activation time decreased from .8 to .6 seconds
- Flash duration increased from 1.1 to 1.5 seconds
- Gatecrash (E)
- Gatecrash is no longer refreshed on kills and is instead replinished every 35 seconds
- Liftime of the Gatecrash fragment increased from 20 to 30 seconds
- The range at which the Gatecrash fragment is revealed from stealth decreased from 7m to 4m.
- Visuals for visibility range added to the moving fragment.
- Dimensional Drift (Ultimate)
- Ult Points reduced from 7 to 6
- Yoru can now reactivate Gatecrash while in Dimensional Drift
- Nanoswarm (C)
- Killjoy can now pick up deployed Nanoswarm grenades during the buy phase to get the chargeback
- Primary fire (left-click) bullet spread decreased from 3.4 to 2.6.
- Decreased spread on Alt-fire (right-click) from 3.4 to 2.0.
- Updated damage curve for both primary and alt-fire
- 0-8m is 20dmg per pellet
- 8-12m is 12 dmg per pellet
- Beyond 12m is 9dmg per pellet
- Reduced amount of pellets in a right-click shot from 15 to 5.
- Raze’s Showstopper now comes with two Blast Pack Charges which refill when you touch the ground.
- Snowball Launcher now comes with Skates – the increased mobility should give you an edge against the generally more lethal weapons.
- Big Knife now comes with one Tailwind charge which refills on kill.
- Loadout variations will be a bit of a surprise, and they’ll show up rarely.
- You can now view a person’s career from the in-game leaderboard.
- If you are on the Leaderboard but don’t want to give away who you are, you can leverage the in-client toggle to label yourself a “Secret Agent”.
Head-Related Transfer Function
- Added an audio toggle located in the audio settings panel to enable HRTF
- HRTF allows players wearing headphones to play audio in a simulated surround sound audio space.
- Currently, only footsteps, reloads and Deathmatch respawns will be rendered in 3D with HRTF enabled.
- Recommended to turn off any other 3D Audio processing while using this feature.