The research has now been released for the ‘make up’ event following the Pokemon Go Kanto Tour Event.
What went wrong?
It was revealed that players of Pokemon Go had managed to cheat the system, and they could access the paid for exclusive event featuring Shiny Ditto research, and the shiny mew exclusive research, for free, leaving many players outraged.
Priced at £12.99, this wasn’t one of the cheapest events. They are allowing those players to keep exclusive access to the now not so exclusive Pokemon which has left some players feeling, well, cheated!
Pokemon Go announced they would make up for this, by giving the people who paid to play, a Bonus Event.
READ MORE: 7 Underrated Pokemon You Never Use
What is the research?
The Timed Research, beginning Friday, March 5 2021, 10.00 am local time, and ending Monday, April 5 2021, 10.00 am local time features 3 stages.
Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto – Bonus Event Stage 1 of 3
- Send 3 gifts to friends – Reward x15 Ultra Balls
- Catch 20 Pokemon – Reward x 10 Silver Pinap Berries
- Use 10 Berries to help catch Pokemon – Reward 500 XP
- Reward – x500 Dtar Dust, x1 Lure Module, 500XP
Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto – Bonus Event Stage 2 of 3
- Power up Pokemon 3 times – Reward 1 Poffin
- Earn 3 heart with your buddy – 1 special incubator
- Evolve a Pokemon – Reward 1 lucky egg
- Reward – x1 Fast TM, x15 Ultra Balls, x1 Charged TM
Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto – Bonus Event Stage 3 of 3
- Catch 10 different species of Pokemon – Reward 1000 XP
- Make 10 Great Throws – Reward x3 Silver Pinap Berries
- Complete 10 Field Research Tasks – Reward x1 Star Piece
- Reward – x1 Elite Charged TM, x100 Mew Candy, x1 Elite Fast TM
So there we have it!
The research itself is very simple. And if you’re anything like me, it will be finished within the first day.
However, the rewards are actually pretty good when you total up the value of items, and how much they would cost to buy in the shop.
Does it make up for the loss of the exclusive access to Shiny Ditto and Shiny Mew? I guess that depends on how you look at it.
What’s done is done, Niantic have apologised, and are trying to at least give all of us who bought the ticket some kind of compensation, which they didn’t have to do. And we also get, what should be, an exclusive research to add to the collection.
READ MORE: Pokemon Go Promo Codes