The notorious boss is back – featuring the return of Shadow Mewtwo, and it’s over to trainers to work out how to beat Giovanni January 2023.
If you’re looking to fight Giovanni for any of the legendaries he uses in Pokemon Go, you’ll know about his opening act with Persian by now. But who else is joining him in the January 2023 lineup?
Which Pokemon will trainers be battling and what are the best counter moves? Let’s take a look below at everything we need to know.
How to beat Giovanni January 2023 – The Line-Up
Giovanni will always open battle with Shadow Persian. Trainers will then progress to the 2nd round, where they must defeat either Shadow Nidoqueen, Shadow Steelix, or Shadow Rhyperior. And last but not least, in the third round, Giovanni is joined by none other than the mighty Shadow Mewtwo.
The Counters – how to beat Giovanni January 2023
- Shadow Mewtwo
Nidoqueen is a Poison/Ground type Pokemon, making it weak to Ice, Ground, Psychic, and Water-type attacks.
The following Pokemon will provide the best attacks to defeat Nidoqueen:
- Mewtwo – Confusion and Psystrike
- Garchomp – Mudshot and Earth Power
- Alakazam: Confusion and Psychic.
- Azelf: Confusion and Future Sight.
- Hoopa Unbound: Confusion and Psychic
READ MORE: Pokemon Go Ditto disguises January 2023
Steelix is a Metal type Pokemon, meaning he is weak to Fighting, Ground, Fire and Water
The following Pokemon will provide the best attacks to help defeat Steelix:
- Mega Charizard Y – Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Terrakion – Double Kick and Sacred Sword
- Lucario – CounterCharge and Aura Sphere
- Conkeldurr – Counter Charge and Dynamic Punch
Rhyperior is a Ground/Rock-type Pokemon, making it weak to Grass and Water-type moves. It’s also weak to Fighting, Ground, Ice, and Steel-type attacks.
The following Pokemon will provide the best attacks to help defeat Rhyperior:
- Roserade – Razor Leaf and Solar Beam
- Swampert – Mud Shot and Hydro Cannon
- Kyogre – Waterfall and Surf
- Zarude – Vine Whip and Power Whip
How to beat Giovanni January 2023 – the final stage – Shadow Mewtwo
Shadow Mewtwo is a Psychic type Pokemon, making it weak to Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type moves.
In order to defeat Shadow Mewtwo, and ultimately beat Giovanni, the following Pokemon are best used to counter Shadow Latios:
- Mega Houndoom – Snarl Charge and Foul Play
- Mega Gengar – Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
- Hydreigon – Bite Charge and Brutal Swing
- Chandelure – Hex Charge and Shadow Ball
And that’s it! Once Shadow Mewtwo is defeated, trainers then beat Giovanni for another month. Good luck trainers!
Pokemon Go is available to download now on Apple and Android Mobile devices