Uninstalling Genshin Impact from your PC and mobile device
If you’re a Traveler who wants to pre-emptively end your journey and want to ensure all folders and files related to Genshin Impact are removed from your device, this article is for you.
Uninstalling programs is a miss-hit challenge. Genshin Impact is no exception to that list of pesky programs that may still be lurking on your computer.
This guide has everything you need to know.
Troubles and errors while uninstalling Genshin Impact
Just like how there are many ways of installing the game, there are also several ways how you can uninstall Genshin Impact on your PC. There are a number of programs that you can use to remove the program, but that would also mean installing another program just to remove the game.
Ideally, uninstalling the game would do the trick. However, there will be some reasons why you would like to explore other options, like a string of files lurking in a folder that was not removed during the process or other programs that may prevent you from completely uninstalling the game. Whatever the scenario, we believe the steps below can assist you in successfully uninstalling Genshin Impact from your PC.
Using the Settings Option:
- Hold the Win key on your keyboard, then press “I” or click the Windows icon, then choose the settings button
- Look for Apps, then go to Apps and features
- On the list, look for Genshin Impact
- Choose uninstall on the menu.
Epic Games Launcher on PC:
- Open the “Epic Games” Launcher
- On the left pane, select Library, then click the three dots for Genshin Impact
- After clicking the game, press uninstall
- You will be asked to confirm; just choose uninstall
Other options include going straight to the app to uninstall the program.
- Launch Genshin Impact and choose to uninstall from the list of options
- Click uninstall on the prompt asking you to confirm your action
- We suggest double-checking your folders when you do this to make sure all of your files related to the program are removed.
- You can also use the Settings Option to double-check if the list still has Genshin Impact
Uninstalling Genshin Impact on your mobile device depends on what you are using. On most devices, you simply have to go to the “Settings” on the landing page. Look for anything that would say “Apps” or Application. After choosing that, you will get a list of currently installed applications on the device. Tap Genshin Impact on the list, then confirm the action.
READ MORE: GENSHIN IMPACT LEAKS: NEW ENEMIES IN SUMERU HAVE BEEN REVEALED
While there are third-party applications that can assist you in making sure that all files and folders of the program are deleted from the PC or device, we discourage using them unless you trust both the source of the program and the application itself. There are multiple websites and support sites of Microsoft that you can go through if you continue to encounter issues with the removal of the program. The support site also offers a program you can download to assist you in troubleshooting the problem that you can get directly from the Microsoft website. After downloading the program, you will be asked to go through prompts that will lead you to the program.