Rivers of Blood is a Katana in Elden Ring that primarily scales with Strength, Dexterity, and Arcane. Requiring 12 Strength, 18 Dexterity, and 20 Arcane to wield, it is a decent weapon for mid-range combat and is capable of inflicting both Slash and Pierce attacks.
“Weapon of Okina, swordsman from the Land of Reeds. A cursed weapon that has felled countless men.
“When Mohg, the Lord of Blood, first felt Okina’s sword, and madness, upon his flesh, he had a proposal, to offer Okina the life of a demon, whose thirst would never go unsated.”Rivers of Blood’s item description
Where to Find Rivers of Blood
Rivers of Blood can be found in the Mountaintops of the Giants and is dropped by Bloody Finger Okina. When Okina, who wields the Rivers of Blood Katana, invades the Church of Repose at the said Mountaintops, you will have to defeat him.
Note that Bloody Finger Okina is a relatively challenging opponent. With a very aggressive fighting style, Okina inflicts blood loss that deals substantial damage.
Apart from the Rivers of Blood, you’ll also receive the Okina Mask after defeating him.
Important Details about Rivers of Blood
- Its unique Weapon Skill is Corpse Piler which allows you to form a blade of cursed blood for repeated, interweaving successive attacks.
- This item can’t be infused with Ashes of War which means that you can’t replace the Weapon Skills and Affinities of your equipment with new ones.
- This weapon can’t be enchanted with Magic nor boosted by Consumables.
- This weapon causes Blood Loss Buildup.
- Contrary to speculations, this weapon is not dropped by the Mountaintops of the Giants boss Fire Giant. As mentioned, it is dropped by Bloody Finger Okina.